Cakes

Cakes
Life of Cakes

Thursday, April 5, 2012

For My Daughter

A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.  ~Author Unknown
8. Yes, 8. Where has the time gone? I am scrambling to find the answer. It's the same question every year. You try to treasure every moment and find yourself wanting to freeze those moments in time.

Eight years ago tomorrow April 6th, my husband and I were arriving at the hospital at 6:30 in the morning for me to be induced. Hearts racing and palms sweating , we sat and waited patiently for 12 hours and 38 minutes for our daughter to arrive. We had 2 names picked out and we had to see her first to decide what her name should be. Every time the nurse came into to check me, I was hoping it was her time to shine. From 7 am. when the process started to 3pm. there was no change, 4 cm in 8 hours. Good Grief. Thank Goodness for the epidural.  Finally, My doctor came into to do one last check at 10 min. to 7 before her shift was over. Yep. it was time!!! A full 10 cm. Then everything started to move quickly and I started to panic. Wait. What? I am not ready. Make it stop. After 38 min. of pushing, I finally heard the cry of a 7 pound, 15 ounce, 21 inch long little girl  that I had waited  for almost 10 months to hear. It was so strong and so loud. That was a good sign right? She sounded so angry. I guess I would be to after being comfortable in a nice warm space for so long. Laid upon my chest, there we were Mother and Daughter for the first time face to face. I knew at that moment she was an Isabella. The meaning of Isabella is "God's promise; God is my oath. How fitting. How powerful. This definitely  was a perfect name for her.

 Isabella of Castile laid the foundations for the unification of Spain, with her husband Ferdinand of Aragon. They reconquered Granada, and patronised Christopher Columbus on his first voyage to America. She was known as the 'Catholic Queen' due to her strong faith, and expulsion of Jews and Muslims from Spain - this was later known as the Spanish Inquisition.

Isabella of France was the wife of English king Edward II. Due to his ineffective leadership, she helped lead a successful invasion against him to put her son upon the throne.

Princess Isabella of Denmark, who was born in 2007, is the daughter of the Danish Crown Prince Frederik.

There are characters named Isabella in Shakespeare's 'Measure for Measure




Isabella has grown leaps and bounds since that beautiful day 8 years ago. She is an amazing little girl, who has so much to offer this world. She is so smart, beautiful, compassionate, witty, artistic, charismatic, giving, and loving. I could continue on. She is my heart today and everyday as long as I shall live. Isabella has made me a better person, and I thank her for that. Happy Birthday my Beautiful Daughter.

Love Forever and Always,

Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment